Friday, June 22, 2012

Rain

I stare at the rain swept walk-away...it has not stopped raining for days....small little droplets on my window...I carelessly look at the shabby room of mine...uncared..packs of books, gadgets, camera, second hand bags, chocolate wrapper, disfigured news paper from somewhere...all find peaceful co-existence in my room.. as the beautiful voice of Adele fills my flat....dimming  my light with Chinese paper lanterns...it makes strange shapes...never mind I will find someone like you....I repeat it often in my dreams and try to imagine a ideal place for summer holiday...just like the "Paint me a Birmingham"....cotton dresses in early spring...

I seem to have a strange visitor in my room..a blue beaked bird...everyday it pokes at my window..early morning as if to let me know..its a new day...the chimney from Tyne castle blurs the background....

I wake up...quickly pack my cold sandwiches and check my mail...no mails from people I know..three junk mails from some obscure financial institute in Nigeria, and a hair enhancing oil company! I grab my north-face and run after the almost crowded 25....

Another day begins...with rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment